Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Lady Schwartz


Why hello there family,

This week flew by, cray-cray how time works here. Anyhoo here are the thoughts of the week, hopefully they will be so exciting they will entice a letter or email from you;). Last week I went to a workshop and there was a box full of iPods. I saw them and immediately thought, "Satan?" Was super weirded out by them and they made me feel uncomfortable. Oh, it gets better. So, my teacher Hno. Barnard has these one-on-one coaching sessions with each person in my district to see how they're doing and if they have any concerns, get to know us better yada yada. For some reason I didn't put two and two together and so he asked me to come with him for our coaching session and I went and in my head was like "Wait, why companions aren't coming...." awkward. oh my word. I was legit freaking out, so sketchy my heart started beating fast. I am embarrassed to be writing this but I'm preparing you for what a freak I'm going to be when I come back from this mish mish. So we head down to find a room, but someone was in our room so we were standing outside, just me and this man, and he was trying to make small talk and i kept kicking the wall with my foot so I wouldn't have to look at him. Oh man, this is embarrassing. So, we get into the room and he closes it behind him. and we sit in 2 chairs across from one another and I am LEGIT freaking out right now. You don't understand, I haven't been alone with a man in what 3-4 weeks now? And have literally been glued to the hip of 2 other women for that same amount of time. So we do the interview and the whole time my heart rate is just off the charts, but I of course play it cool, I'm not so far gone. But when I got into the class it took me another 5-10 mins to calm down. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. Oh my word that's embarassing, Lawdy help me!

On a lighter note, I have been deemed the First Lady in my district. It all came about because on Tuesdays and Sundays we have to wear our blazers and dress up for devotionals so I take the opportunity to really do it up. And the past couple of Devotionals I've matched Elder Barrett in a perfectly presidential way. Hna Turner always called me First Lady and I was being sarcastic and told her my one life goal was to become the youngest First Lady of the United States. So now everyone comments on my outfits everyday and i've turned into somewhat of a First Lady doll: yesterday I was First Lady at White House Brunch, and the day before I was First Lady playing croquet, and the day before I was First Lady at tea, the list goes on and on. Anyhoo, I have come to like the idea. Maybe that could be my new career goal...who needs to help social entr. organizations anyways right?

Every week I like to spice things up and I do a funny voice or something, and then that voice catches on like wildfire and becomes the theme for my district for the entire week. This week was New Jersey, thanks to me quoting Housewives of NJ. It was way funny when I did an English accent last week because I spoke Spanish in a proper British accent and if I do say so myself, I sounded ridiculous and made all the advanced Spanish kids give me weird looks. Speaking of advanced Spanish elders, all my volleyball friends left yesterday, so now I'm left friendless and all alone in this world. Don't cry for me Argentina.

I had a really cool experience 2 days ago: long story short Hna Wright needed to take Sis Skolla to the ER but she hadn't packed her bags and she was leaving for her mission in MO at 6 am the next morning. I told her I would pack her up, and she accepted my invitation and I recruited my sweet baby companions and we got to work. I am not very skilled at very many things, but I can confidently say I am a master packer. It's the Airline blood that runs so thick in our family;). I got her packed, organized, tidied up and underweight in under an hour, and then I got Hna. McCullough to make her bed (she's a master bed maker), and I  left one of the bags of Melene's cookies (oh yeah, Melene Goggins loves me btws;)) on her bed with a note saying "Breakfast of Champions", and then I left her notes on how I organized all her luggage and jazz. As I was packing I was just getting things done, going to work, but the second I walked back into my room, holy night child I felt a rush of absolute pleasure. It was this burning happiness and I haven't felt that in a while. I guess I haven't really served  unselflessly in a while. I LOVED that feeling and Hna Wright left a teary (she cried on it, not me, just to be clear) note in the morning about what charity we showed her yada yada, and while that was nice and all, that feeling was what made it memorable. I am so blessed to have had that opportunity, that wake up call to really forget myself. Really just get out there and serve to the best of my abilities. A lot of times I refrain from serving because I think it means writing a nice note or bringing someone cookies, but I think really serving is serving with charity, the pure love of Christ, in your heart. It's honestly desiring the well-being of others, it's desiring to make their loads a little lighter, their burdens a bit more bearable. It was awesome and from here on out, I'm going to figure out I'm going to focus on how I can better love people.

I love you mucho, if you could send me an English dictionary that would be swell. And if you could get me those people's addresses that also would be super helpful. J Mack, Ceese, Ash, or any friend who so desires to procrastinate their homework or chores, if you could dealelder me the lyrics to any (or all if you really love me) of the songs to Joseph Smith: A Nashville Tribute, I promise I will send you pictures that will def make your day=].

Les amo!

Hermana Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment