Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's been a hard day's night


And I been workin' like a dog Familia,

Happy Thursday!

Business first: Faja, thanks for sending my blessing, I can always count on you;). I am aware that you are sending my emails unedited, and you are apparently adding some words of wisdom from what my sources tell me. Could you send me a checkbook so I can budget my expenses please? Also, I am still waiting for my Shade shirts to be sent back to me( I re-sent them back for smaller sizes and diff colors) and I was wondering if you could call them and check up on that for me? Yes, you can still call me sweetie=]. Oh and everyone died over those jokes, gracias! Ma, uh cool thanks for coming to Utahrd and not sending me a package or any sort of love. NBD, I'm over it. AWESOME FOR DEANNE! let her know I love her and am so happy for her and her sealed famfam! Could you look in my room and find the long-sleeve blue shirt and black tights that I left and maybe send those to me to show me you care about me? Coo. Berto, what's your address at Southern? I have some letters you will definitely want to read.

Superbien, alright so I have been having some very vivid and odd dreams here at the MTC. The other night I had a dream Maxie and I were chilling on our front lawn and a leopard and some sort of fox-dog mix came and started hangin with us, and then we found them homes and Maxie and I found a plumber's truck and became plumbers for this one family who love George Foreman's and vegan food? Yeah, that's just a sampling of a normal one. It's kind of freaky that my compas know my little oddities now. Hna. Turner the other day said, "What's funny?" out of nowhere and I said "What is that crack making you say?" and she said "Your nostrils flared and they always flare when you're trying to be serious but think something's funny." Mouth dropped. Little did she know that I was thinking about something someone wrote me in a letter and was laughing in my head. It's creepy that she can read my mind. But that's what you get with a 24/7 compa. Oh, btw SISTER BELNAP AND SISTER REINTJES are on my floor and we party hardy (not really, I just merely jumped on Sis. Belnap and hugged Sis. Reitnjes for 8 hours). Dude, too legit. Oh, and Elder Colton and I just did laundry and chit-chatted just now=] He's so presh and is more like Jared everyday. Hilarious. I also got called to be a coordinating sister this week, but I'll talk more about that later on.

This is good. Haha, the other day one of our elders forgot the Lose Yourself Eminemem song and so me and Hna. Turner were talking about that in our room and Hna. McCullough says "Are you talking about the candy or the rapper?" and we lose it. Hard-core. And then Hna. Turner, trying to be funny and crunk says in an awkwardly slow ghetto voice, "My name is Mac N Cheesy and I get craaaaaazy." I LOSE IT. Like, I'm on the floor because it sounded like the worst rap in my entire life and it's the MTC. Oh, but it got better. Without missing a beat, I'm o n the floor gasping for breath and Hna. McCullough, with complete seriousness asks, "Is he a rapper too?" OH MY HOT SLAM.  I literally lost it for the rest of the day. I would find myself walking up stairs and Hna. Turner would say "I;m Mac N Cheesy" and I would literally fall on my face, on the stairs and be laughing for 5 mins without air. It was unreal and the highlight of my life.

19- year old boy mood swings are taking my to my wits ends. They have had literally 2 counseling sessions during class now and I am just like, "Sweet baby elders, companionships are hard, stop crying about it." You'd think that would be an Hermana problem right?

OKay, I love Spanish. I love teaching the gospel in Spanish. What a blessing to be able to make the gospel simple, sweet, and clear. Because there is no way I can get deep or super eloquent with the language, and it just let's the Holy Ghost teach our investigators like crazy and I just can't help but have a fatty ole smile on my face when I feel it happen. So bomb. We taught our teacher in English the other day and I blew. Hardcore. And it was because I wasn't relying on the Holy Ghost to help a sista out, and that experience was awesome because I realized I quite literally will never be successful if I, Hna Schwartz, try and teach people instead of letting the HG teach through me. Sorry if that was way preachy.

Anyhoo, I got called as a coordinating sister last Sunday and have been going through training this week. Basically a CS is a counselor/support system for all the Hermanas in a zone (a bunch of districts put together, it's kind of like a home ward). The other night Hna Simpson (the CS right now training me) made a passing comment about how she had experienced a miracle that day. It ended up turning into a really awesome "counseling?" session where she told me some stuff about her past and what she's been struggling with her in the MTC and I don't know where it came from, maybe it's all the years of receiving Dad's 3-4 hour long lectures, but I was able to listen and tell her the things she needed to hear. And I didn't even mind that she cried, I was actually more than okay with it. And I honestly felt such an amazing amount of love for her and I honestly felt her pain and I could feel her sense of relief. She told me she felt very impressed, that my name literally jumped off the page, when she chose me to fill her place because she knows that this is a position I need. I know that to be true as well. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to not be so uptight and rigid, but be able to really chill and show the new sisters who come into the MTC love and understanding and really care for them. I feel like I sound super fem right now, and I apologize for that, but it was honestly a really tender experience and I'm just grateful that the Lord knows each person on this earth and knows what they need and sends regular people, like Hna Simpson, to be ministering angels to others. Forgive me if I sound preachy, I don't mean it that way I just can't explain myself in English or Spanish anymore=] Literally can't speak a blessed word of any language fluently ha!

Time is out, but I love you and am loving being here, so don't worry be happy my fam,

Hna Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment