Sunday, April 15, 2012

Echale Ganas, or Get Crunk


A direct quote from Sister Beckstrand (in charge of VC) at our Sister's meeting. Did I almost die laughing, check. It was the whole scene, she comes up from her seat to the pulpit and with the cheeriest smile and tone of voice a first lady could have, she perkily declared that will be our motto for the next 2 weeks. Bless her.

Fam-fam,

I've literally got no time to write you. Blasted because I literally have a novel to tell. Anyhoo, I sent pics from the MTC, but got an email saying they may not have gone through so double check with me on that. In case you're confused about mailing me my address is 6265 N 82nd st, scottsdale, az, 85250, but if you just hate me then that's cool too;). Haha no really don't sweat it, I just forgot if I gave it to you or not not because I'm starved for letters.

Let's get down and dirty with my investigators (those sweet souls we're teaching). Julio. How do I even begin to explain who Julio is. He is probably in his 50s, lives alone, has been baptized in 7 different churches, has the wisdom of a crazy sage, and talks at literally 8000MPH. Oh, and he basically tries to teach us every lesson, because he really does know a ton. He's just a bit difficult, but love him to pieces. Bless his soul. So, Julio came to church on Sunday and he looked snazzy, suit and tie, looked remarkable. Had a great time, the ward loved him and he enjoyed himself. We were thrilled because we've been trying to get Julio to come to church for 8 years basically. Haha, alright so our past couple of lessons with him have been super great, he's let us teach him and he's been super receptive to everything. Then there was last night. Oh my word, what happened to this day I have no clue. We were teaching about the Plan of Salvation, basically the plan that tells where we came from, purpose of our life here on earth, and where we go when we die. NBD. Oh wait, yes it was a big deal because we began telling Julio about where we go when we die and he said we were wrong. And then he went into this story about how he almost died for 7 months cause he fell 17 floors or something and he was in Heaven for a period of time and then I completely had no clue what happened the rest of the lesson. Literally was lost, had no clue what was going on. But what I did know was that it got intense. He began directing his comments at Hna Falcon and I was wondering if he was attacking her, but Hna Hernandez (lady in our ward, gold, comes with us to all his lessons) wasn't butting in so I didn't do much cause I figured it was okay and then he pointed to me, but was talking about me to them (cause he knows I don't understand him sometimes) and saying how I didn't have the Spirit or something like that, not totally sure. Then Hna Falcon says something and looks at me to say something, and I just am so completely lost at this point I just stopped and looked at Julio in the eye and basically told him, I don't know what's gone on here, but what I do know is that what we are teaching you, what we are saying is true. And I am no scriptorian, I don't have all the answers, I'm learning just like you, but what I do know is that this is true because I've felt it. Because the Holy Ghost has testified to me that it is true and that's sufficient for me. Julio got quiet and I was like "Crap, what did I just say?" and Hna Falcon took over and we finished up the lesson. When we left Hna Hernandez and Hna Falcon were goin cray cray and lookin at me and saying something like they felt the spirit on their backs, and we had great help and I actually have no clue what else they said, but I let it be because when I said I didn't understand about half of what happened, they were both relieved and were glad I didn't hear the crazy things Julio had said. Coocoo I suppose. Anyhoo, I felt awful! Here is my pobre compa and she looks like she's being attacked and I literally don't know what to do and I have no words to say anything and I'm basically useless. I've felt like that the past week, solely her driver to get her from place to place so she can bear bomb testimony and be her straight up legit self. Which, the first week I was okay with, but I didn't come on a mission to be a chauffeur. But I don't have the knowledge or the ability right now to do much else except bear testimony, which she's heard probably 8000 times. So I apologized to her this morning about that and then she got all teary eyed on me and started bearing testimony about how my testimony calmed Julio and he said it brought him peace (sometimes I wonder if we're in the same lesson) and jazz and how she said he can see the light of Christ in my eyes and that I complement her perfectly. I think she's on crack. But, if she thinks I'm helping her out, then by all means I'll keep on doin what I do.

Wow, I literally have to go right now. Argghhhh, there is literally 10,000 other things I wanted to tell you, maybe I'll have a chance to write you guys a letter or something. But know by far that that has basically been the miracle of the week. Julio going from wanting to marry me(?? he pointed at me and said casarse which means marrying our 2nd visit and Hna Falcon and Hernandez laughed and said I'm a missionary?? not totally sure what was going on but I just smile and laugh like a pro) to telling me I don't have the Spirit, to apparently bringing him peace??? I don't know, all I know is I love Julio for him and all his craycray.

Arggghhh I'm super upset!!! Because there were some other funny things I was going to share but I have to write to sweet Baby president Ellsworth, maybe I should'nt call him that. Anyhoo, peace and love, it makes the world go 'round.

Echale ganas!
Hna Schwartz
This is going to be a monster email to make up for what I didn't have time to include last week. Fasten your seatbelts, this ride is for 5 1'2'' ft. and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment