Sunday, April 15, 2012

Update


Familia,

HOLY SCHNIEKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am obsessed with AZ. Literally. Obsessed. Holy mackeral where do I begin because it's literally been a year since we last spoke (I'm obviously exaggerating, but not really). Okay, my compa is Hna Falcon and she is from Mexico City =]. Oh yeah, the only time I speak English is when I'm in the VC. Life rocks. Okay, my first impression of the Mesa AZ VC haha I thought it was like the Jurassic Park (only desert) section of Universal Studios, the temple looked like one of the buildings you go into to ride a roller coaster. I swear I'm living on a movie set or something. The desert is too perfectly laid out and I dunno haha, but it's legit beautiful. I'm already obsessed with it. Oh and my first night I ate something, none of the native sisters knew what it was either, but it rocked my world, and had homemade horchata and I'm obsessed with Spanish people. Legit. It's so nice to finally greet people by kissing them on the cheek and not have them think you're some psycho...white people. Haha I probably need a Spanish name, because everyone sees my name and their eyes get big and can never pronounce it, which slays me.

Okay, so Heavenly Father is quite the jokester. He obviously wants to teach me certain things, like patience. Heaven bless my soul I need that. 25% of the time I have no idea what Hna Falcon has said to me and I stare blankly at her, and she just stares back at me until she realizes I'm retarded. Perfect. Oh, fun story. First day, Pres. Ellsworth tells me that I am going to be driving. This is apparently a rare privilege because the senior companion or the trainer, aka Hna Falcon, always drive but she's from Mexico and doesn't have a license. So lo and behold I inherited the sacred privilege of driving and the 2 senior couples were grilling me on my past driving record and said that I was not allowed to have a lead foot yada yada yada. Parents, I have never driven the speed limit in my entire life except for right now. It's not too difficult being the speed limit is usually 35 MPH and I have no idea where I'm going all the time. Haha, I told Hna Falcon I suck with directions and she said she does too. So imagine us as a pair driving around, she telling me directions, in Spanish hahahahahahahaha. Ohhh man, grace of God that we get to any of our appointments on time because derecho and derecha sound the same when spoken at 100 mph. But I am quickly learning Spanish=]. Let's hope so at least. What's also a kick is that everytime we go to an appointment I literally cannot understand a blessed word that is being spoken. And the reason for that is because these people literally speak at 100 mph. I kid you not. My poor ears have not been properly trained, but they will get there and I will one day be able to contribute to the lessons in a useful way haha. No but Hna Falcon is literally my hero. She is humble, diligent, obedient, she's just hard-working and is kind and follows the Spirit, she's basically a perfect missionary and everyone tells me how blessed I am to have her as my compa. And it's true. I'm gonna learn a ton from this sweet angel.

I learned an hour ago, from Hna Falcon, that I am not allowed to wear a ponytail for the rest of my mission (unless I'm on a bike). I had to clarify in both languages just to make sure I heard her correctly. And it's because I'm a VC sister. Heavenly Father obviously knows how little I care about my appearance and is taking special precautions to make sure I look professional and presentable on this sweet mission of mine. But family, I am a-okay with it, because I LOVE the VC. Holy cow the spirit there is like a brick wall. We proselyte half the day and do a 3 hour shift at the VC for the other part of the day and it makes my day every time. I love giving tours and meeting people and helping strengthen them in whatever they need in their lives. And I was a bit iffy on phones at first (we take calls from Mormon.org too apparently) because I felt like a solicitor, but a baby miracle happened 2 days ago. Actually a lot of miracles happened this week, but I'll relate 2. Okay, so I had 5 mins left on the phones and this guy from Minnesota calls in and just says "I want a BOM" and I was like great give me your address and i hung up. Yeah I am so dumb. And I realized I was an idiot so I called him back and got his name and then we chatted for like 5 mins about him and his interest in the BOM yada yada and he was like "You sound like a really nice person" and i said "you do too, bless your soul" and he laughed and i asked him if he wanted to talk with me when he received his book of mormon and we could just chat about the BOM and what he's reading and I could help clarify jazz for him and he so wanted to and I was like BOMB because now I have a phone investigator, and that's bomb=] OH guess who was my first visitor here at the VC? Sister Ernst=] NBD. anyhoo, I am out of time, but I committed Santiago to baptism and he accepted and came to church yesterday and he's golden and super humble and loves the BOM and I love him and I don't even know who he is cause I've met him like twice, but who cares right?

Basically, the field is bomb, the mission is joyous, I have NO clue what I'm doing which I love (strange enough) and the gospel is true=].

That's about it for this week fam-fam, love ya mucho cuidanse! Hna Schwartz (or shwars as properly pronounced in spanish;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment