Sunday, April 15, 2012

The one where I get ratted out. (Snitches get stitches)


Okay Famarama,

I have been emailing you for the past 2 weeks and I've gotten all your letters of concern. If you receive this email REPLY to it so I know you're getting them. I also sent it to JMack in case you don't get and J, if you do get this one reply to it so I know these emails are not going into the great abyss. Business items first: As far as finances go, I don't have permission to check my Wells Fargo account so you can just transfer my return loans into my Alliant account and that goes straight into my mish fund. I was told by a devoted blog follower (Lizzy King, haha small world but she was working the Easter Pageant! You don't know her btw) that my blog hasn't been updated since the MTC *CoughASHcoughcoughcough* haha I know she's busy but maybe give her a kind reminder;). Ma, you're Easter Basket/Package ROCKED. SO LEGIT. Holy cow, you little Stacy and Clinton you! Everyone was obsessed with those shoes you sent and the shirts are perfect for the heat! And well, you should know I'm obsessed with the dress. Never have clothes been a concern until I came on a mission where you have to look sharp 16/7. I know that was a big sacrifice for you and I really do love you and appreciate you for that=]. Faja, please add ann.vom.lehn@mylds.net, rachel.muccullough@mylds.net, and julia.reintjes@mylds.net to the email list porfi.

Well I hope you all had a miserable Passover and Easter without me, there's no amount of matzo that can fill the emptiness you find in your hearts. Oh and dearest Father of mine, that April Fool's letter was quite the piece of work. Haha, I was going to share it with Hna Falcon, but she would def not understand your dry NY humor. She doesn't understand who "Batman" is either when you sign your name with the Batsign haha. The other day we were on chat and we were chatting with this 15 year old hoodlum from the Georgia Ghet-to and I realized I am bilingual- American English and Ghetto English because I had to translate what this kid was saying to Hna Falcon.

The Easter Pageant has come and gone. Shoot, I am tired. It's not even a physical tired, it's a spiritual/emotional drainage and hallelujah today is PDay so I can recoup. But fam, the best thing happened over these past 2 weeks. I finally feel like a real missionary=]. You know me, when I'm passionate about something I obsess with whatever it is and rock it out. But over the first month of my mission, I felt like such a fraud, like I was just wearing the nametag and the skirt and doing the missionary routine, but I didn't feel like my heart was in it. And that ticked me off. Fo realz. But, I've found a small bit of footing, don't worry I still don't have a blessed clue as to what I'm doing (probably never will, but that's coo), but I have been praying way hard to have a change of heart, to be the obsessive person I am in regards to this mission and famfam, it so happened! I woke up one morning, I would say the Monday before the Easter Pageant and I was just laser-focused on my investigators and their needs and I was just in it to win it. I thought about the people in my area and I didn't get distracted with daydreams and it's been like that ever since. FINALLY. But I had to work at it, and that was just something I didn't realize I needed to work at- feeling and being the missionary I wanted to be. But now I know, and done and done. I would have you know fam, that I looked like a First Lady for the past 2 weeks as well, my poor hair is fried beyond unbelief, but I dazzled those 76,000 plus people who came. We saw tons of miracles, but the coolest ones were that we were able to give 5 Farsi copies of the Book of Mormon to the head of all Muslim charities and his family, a man from Iran, and some other Persian guy; we gave away all 3 of our copies of the German Book of Mormon; I taught 2 Jewish-Christians(yeah, they were real gems...); and a ton of our branch's families brought their nonmember family to the Pastorela and they loved it and hopefully we can start teaching them soon. It was bomb and bomb in a nutshell.

Even better than the Pageant was that Julio got baptized on Saturday!!!!!! The whole week leading up to it was freakin' dramatic. He had his baptismal interview on Tuesday(have I explained that before? basically just a bunch of questions making sure they understand the church doctrine and believe it and are willing to keep commandments) and he came to the interview smelling like straight up cigarro. Hna Falcon and I went into the break room at the VC and were like "He's gonna fail his interview and we're going to have to push back his date." He gets out of his interview like 45 mins later and he passed. WHAT THE...? After Julio left we asked the Elder who interview him if he had smelled Julio (I was going to ask if he was on crack, but luckily Hna Falcon is senior compa) and he said yes but he felt good in passing him and julio had said he wasn't smoking. So we asked President Ellsworth and he said Julio was good to go, so we shut up and prayed that Julio would get his act together if he had a problem before his baptism. We actually had a handful of people show up which was a miracle in intself(the branch wants 37 baptisms for the year and they don't show up to them...cool) but Julio showed up 15 mins late, NBD. But it was awesome, he was so nervous! Which was weird cause this is the same Julio who knows everything, but it just shows how the gospel humbles and changes people for the better and he felt the Spirit tan intenso and afterwards Santiago came up to him and was like "I was baptized too" and I died because he's so presh and it was bomb.

If you want to be hardcore, you got to live hardcore, and this mish is way hardcore fam;)

Les quiero!
Hna Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment