Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm engaged!

And you think I'm joking Familia, I'm sure.

Nope, Moroni Hernandez asked me on Sunday and I told him I would have to finish my mission first and he would have to go on his too, but afterwards I would be honored to. Moroni is seriously an angel, and you would LOVE his family, Hna and Hno Hernandez are oh my word, the most BOMb member missionaries, the most bomb members, the most BOMB people I've ever met. They're rock solid with testimonies that cannot be shaken. Moroni is 20 and is their son, he has Down Syndrome, and he has a crush on me=]. He's beyond wonderful fam, I can't even describe what a special person he is. Sunday he asked his mom and Hermana Falcon to marry me, and he kept trying to hold my hand during sacrament meeting (my fault, I had taught him the school of rock "let's rock, let's rock, today" finger/palm handshake part and he took it a little far everytime), but he has taught me so much. He loves the gospel of Jesus Christ. He bears his testimony every Sunday, even though he doesn't have the capacity to speak or to sign all that well, you feel his love. He carries his LDM with him everywhere, at school, everywhere and has people sign it. He wants to be a missionary so bad, and it breaks my heart that he might never have the chance to do so. Los Hndz are trying to figure out if he would be able to serve a signing mission, because if he could, he would transform lives. After Julio's confirmation on Sunday, he ran up to Julio and just hugged him and it was super touching, because Julio is very macho, like most Mexican guys, but the way Julio treats Moroni with such care just shows what a special spirit Moroni truly is. I am so blessed to know him.

Business: Fam, not sure what's up with the emails, but I emaield pics to dad's account but it didn't go through, not sure what the dealio is. But I did get your reply emails and your dearelders! Thank you so much for those. You really don't have any idea how much they uplift me throughout the week. And it's funny, I look forward to them more than those from other people, weird that I love my fam more than amigos! You can start mailing me directly to the Mesa VC this si the address: 525 East Main Street, Mesa, AZ, 85203, and Elder Baugh wants to be added to the email list too roger.baugh@myldsmail.net. HAPPY BIRFDAY STEFANERD! You let that lovey cousin of mine how much I adore her and send me her address so I can send her a bday card!

Hna Falcon's bday was last week! She turned the big 27 (which explains why she's 8,000times a better missionary than me, not true, she's just bomb all the way around), but it's funny because we have Hna Solorzano with us today because her compa left last night and the difference between the 2 is night and day. Hna Falcon is from the preppy part of Mexico and Hna Solorzano es de Nicaragua entonces...estoy aprendiendo mucho espanol of the street jajaja. I made Hna Falcon an omellette and enlisted otras hnas to surprise her with flowers and brownies for her bday at the VC and she enjoyed it, and we had a bomb FHE with Blanca and her hijas, so she had a good day. I made eggs in a frame for hna solorzano y falcon today and they loved it, so 2 thumbs up faja for teaching me how to cook;). It's one of the little delights I get to do on my mish, cook for others, which I really lnever get to do, but when I get the chance, I enjoy it=].  Speaking of food, the first day I met Hna Falcon i told her that when I don't eat, i turn into a monster. She saw that for the first time this past week. Usually I just turn ornery, but I was able to not be a brat and that drained me energy wise and Hna Falcon was super surprised because I was literally a goner. This girl gotta eat, point blank. I was so drained I couldn't answer her in english or spanish and she stopped our planning so I could scarf down something real quick. Haha and she was so surprised because literally 5 minutes after I ate I was up and at it again, and she was like, "alright, now I know if I want the normal Hna Schwartz she needs to eat".

Alright, here's where I'm about to get cheesy or sappy, so bear with me. Berto will probably be kind and understanding de eso. In response to your email ma, yes, I've had an opportunity to share my "singing talents." Every 3rd sunday we have a charla fogonera where new members bear their testimonies and the missionaries do musical presentacions. Well, the elder in charge has marked me, because believe it or not parents there are not a ton of Sopranos here/hispanic people who sing. Oh, also way cool is that the VC has a choir and Hna Falcon enlisted me there as well. I was 2nd sop for the first song, but then Sis Beckstrand said i needed to be a first which is fine, i'll go wherever i'm needed, i'm just happy i get to sing=]. Oh but fam, I can't even express how much music affects me. It really touches me unlike anything else, and I know that sounds lame, but it's so true. At the charla fogonera Hna Romano plpayed this violin piece of I know that my redeemer lives and I can't even express what that did to my soul. It healed it is what it did, as lame and cheesy as that sounds, i literally felt the burdens and worries and heartache I had felt that day melt away in that piece and I was healed. Holy mackeral, i literally have never had to deal with so many emotions in my entire life, welcome to the mish, so not my comfort zone. But I could kick myself in the head for not learning how to play piano, because my pobre branch needs it and they expect me to be able to play, and it breaks me heart I can't. So I'm teaching myself in my free time (which is never) but i'll do what I can for my branch cause I love them and they need music.

Orale, time is gone, but I love you, I pray for you, I'm in the right place, doing the best thing =]

Til the morrow- Hna Schwartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment